System administrators are all powerful in FileHold. However, some operations of a system administration can be harmful to the operation of FileHold if they are not closely aligned with the configuration and operation of the infrastructure that FileHold is running on. FileHold has a configuration optoin that can be enabled called "hosted" mode. It can be used by IT organizations or resellers and is always enabled for FileHold Cloud implementations. This blocks some of the system administrator functionality for normal system administration users. In order to be able to access this functionality, a user must be defined as a “support user” in the infrastructure configuration. Several features of the software will only be available for support users when hosted mode is enabled:
- Request a system license for a hosted system. No impact to requesting Courier licenses.
- Write access to the document repository screens.
- Start an FTS index rebuild.
- Maintain another support user.
To enable the hosted option, add the following keys to the UserRoleManager web.config file under the <appSettings> section.
- <add key="Hosted.Enabled" value="false"/> - Set this to true to enable “hosted mode”. The default is false.
- <add key="Hosted.SupportUsers" value=""/> - This is a list of the users that can operate certain advanced system administrator type functions. Enter the login name of one or more FileHold users separated by a comma. For example: “dshrute,jhalpert”