Workflow status report for workflow participants
The workflow status report shows the status of all workflows that are occurring in the system that the user is the initiator of, a participant in, or an observer. The report shows the tasks from all activities, including those that have not yet started (future tasks). Users can access the workflow status report by clicking on Reviews and Approvals > Status Report.
The workflow status report can also be accessed in the Administration Panel of the Web Client. This workflow status report contains filters that can be used to narrow down those workflows that the end users have participated in or observed. See Workflow Status Report in the Administration Panel.
In Reviews and Approvals Status Report pane, all of the workflows that you are involved in are shown. The workflow name, the number of main documents and supporting documents involved with the workflow, the initiator, the start and due dates, activity type, the percent completed, and the status of the workflow.
The following information can be seen in the workflow status report:
|The name of the workflow. If a workflow custom naming pattern has been configured, that name appears here.
|The number of main and supporting documents in the workflow. See Adding or Removing Documents from a Workflow for more information.
|Show documents link
To view all of the documents that are involved in the workflow, click the Show Documents link. The documents appear in the “Documents associated with <workflow template name>” window. The documents are listed by main or supporting document types.
From here, documents can be checked out, emailed, viewed, downloaded, or deleted.
|The user that initiated the workflow.
|The date the workflow was started.
|The date the workflow is due.
|The percentage of the workflow that has been completed.
The possible statuses of a workflow are:
View Details link
Click to review the workflow template details. The workflow template cannot be changed once the workflow has been initiated.
Note that one-time review activities do not appear in the workflow details; the activities only reflect the situation when the workflow was initiated.
If using the FDA, click on the coloured areas to expand and contract the different areas of the workflow template.
|Under each workflow name, click on the + or > symbol to view all the activities in the workflow.
The activity number in the workflow template. There can be up to 20 defined template activities plus up to 40 one-time review activities in a workflow.
|The task number. Each participant in an activity is numbered.
The name of the user that was assigned the task.
An asterisk (*) appears next to the participant’s names’ for all tasks that are available to be reserved in the Workflow Status report.
If the type is "wait for external signature", the participant is Adobe Acrobat Sign.
|On Behalf Of
|The name of the user that delegated the task.
|Double-click on Comments link. The Comment Details window displays the comments from that participant and task.
A document supplied by the participant relevant to the workflow. Note that attachment documents are not searchable and do not become a part of the library.
To download a copy of the feedback document, click the Save icon in the Attachments column. In the FDA, select the location to save the feedback document and click Save. The document is downloaded to that location. In the Web Client, the feedback document is saved to the browser’s default download location.
|The date the task started.
|The date the task is due.
|The date the task was completed.
Workflow status report actions
From the workflow status report, you can take the following actions on a task:
- Restart a Workflow – To manually restart a workflow, select the completed activity from where to restart the workflow from. Workflows can be restarted on not approved, approval postponed, or an active workflow. Workflows marked as completed and approved cannot have their workflows restarted.
- Rename Workflow – To rename the workflow instance, select the workflow from the list and click Rename Workflow. Enter the new workflow instance name and click OK. Workflows can only be renamed by the initiator or senior administrator if the “allow initiator to define” option has been enabled in the workflow template.
- Cancel a Workflow — Allows you to cancel the workflow. Confirm the cancellation by clicking OK at the message prompt.
- Clear Completed — Removes the completed workflows from the list.
- Clear Cancelled — Removes the completed workflows from the list.
- Reserve/Undo Reservation – Allows you to “reserve” or undo the reservation for the selected task. Once a task is reserved by a participant, it prevents all other participants from completing the task and is removed from their task list. The status of the user who reserved the task is “Reserved”. The status of the other users is “Blocked”. Once the task is completed by the participant that reserved the task, the statues changes to “Reviewed” or “Approved” and the status for all other participants is “Voided”. If the reservation for the task is undone, then the task is available to all participants again. This function is available only if the option Force Reservation is enabled in the workflow template. An asterisk (*) appears next to the participant’s names’ for all tasks that are available to be reserved in the Workflow Status report.
- Override Task— Overrides a task or activity by moving it to the completed state without affecting the rest of the workflow. Use this feature when a workflow member is absent and the workflow needs to be completed.
- Delegate Task — Delegates a task to another user.
- Print (FDA Only) – Prints an exact match of what is displayed on the screen.
- Export (FDA Only) – When exporting the report, you can choose to export only the workflow or you can include both the workflows and the tasks. The report can be exported to CSV or HTML. Note that for the HTML report, the workflow must be expanded in the Workflow Status Report results to print the tasks. In other words, the HTML report will be exported to look exactly how it appears on the screen.
To scroll through the workflows or to increase the number of workflows shown on the screen in the Web Client, use the controls at the bottom of the report.
Viewing the Workflow Status Report for a single task
You can view the workflow status report for a single task from the My Tasks List.
To view the status report for the task
- From the My Tasks list, select a task from the list and click View Workflows.
- The workflow status report is shown. Click Back to My Tasks to return to the task list.