The integration with FileHold allows users to fully interact with their files with Microsoft Office applications. FileHold supports the completion of workflow tasks from the following Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and OneNote.
The FileHold toolbar allows you to get a copy of the document or check out a document that is under a workflow. You can also attach the current Microsoft Office document as a feedback document for a workflow task and approve/review the document at the same time.
To get a copy or check out a document under workflow
- In a Microsoft Office application, go to the Add-Ins or FileHold (depending on the version of Microsoft Office being used) toolbar and click Browse .
- Go to My Tasks list.
- Right-click on the workflow instance and select Show Documents.
- Select the document name from the list and select click of the following options:
- Get a Copy – Opens a copy of the document in the associated application.
- Check Out – Checks out and opens the document in the associated application. The document is locked down and the workflow task cannot be completed until the document is checked back in. See Checking Out a Document under a workflow for more information.
To add a Microsoft Office document as a feedback document
- Create and save the feedback document locally.
- Click Review / Approve.
- Select the document that you are reviewing or approving in the list and click OK.
- If you are submitting a review, enter your comments, attach a feedback document, and select any of the options and click OK. See more about reviewing documents.
- Select the Use Active Document check box to use the file that is currently being edited to be attached as a feedback document.
- If you are approving a document, select whether you approve, not approve or postpone approval on the document(s), enter a feedback document, and select any of the options and click OK. See more about approving documents.
- If you select the Use Active Document check box, the file that the user is currently editing will be attached as a feedback document.
- Select the Close this document after my approval… check box to close the document in the associated application.
- Select the Remove the local copy… check box to delete the local copy of the feedback document.
- Click OK. The document is attached as a feedback document and the task is marked as complete.