Reviewing tasks - New interface
The review activity is designed to facilitate the collection of comments and feedback on a file(s) from other users. The review activity can be used alongside one or more review or approval activities. Unlike the approval activity, the review activity does not have the same rules for activity termination. The review approval activity is considered complete once all participants have completed the task of reviewing the document and providing comments and/or feedback documents.
Once a review activity is initiated, the document tasks are automatically routed to the participants and appear in their My Tasks list. Email notification can also alert users when they are assigned a new task of reviewing a document.
As the activity progresses, participants complete their review tasks by providing comments and/or attaching feedback to the file. All comments and feedback files are routed back to the initiator so they can get the feedback they need to continue working on the document.
Documents that are under a workflow can be viewed and/or checked out during the review process (if configured). The review task cannot be completed while a document in the activity is checked out and the document must be checked in before a review can be submitted.
When all participants complete all of the review tasks the activity is completed. The next activity in the workflow will then begin. If this is the last activity in the workflow the workflow will be marked as complete.
If it is a multiple document workflow, then the review status is applied to all main documents. See Initiating a Workflow on Multiple Documents for more information.
Once a review is submitted, you may need to enter your password to confirm your review, depending on the workflow template settings. This is akin to an electronic signature.
To review documents (New interface)
- Go to Reviews and Approvals > My Tasks and select a workflow where the task is set to Review.
- In the FDA, select the task from the list and click Complete Task. Alternatively, right-click on a task and select Submit Review.
- In the Web Client, select the check box next to the task name and click Complete Task.
- In the Submit review screen, the following information is displayed:
The name of the workflow. This may be configured by custom naming.
Special alerts such as overdue, restarted, reservations, on-behalf of are displayed on a coloured background.
These alerts can be closed by clicking X in the message.
Task instructions with activity title
The activity title is taken from the activity title in the workflow template.
Approve x documents with x supporting documents
Number of main and supporting documents to be reviewed.
Task instructions area
Task instructions specified in the workflow template. The instructions should be reviewed prior to completing the task.
Task details area
Workflow history area
Displays the history of the workflow. Click Changes to view the changes to the workflow.
System changes to the workflow such as adding main or supporting documents, adding one-time reviews, and delegating workflow tasks. Click the Changes link to view.
Workflow has been restarted
Reviewed or one-time review
Send for external signature
- Click Review .
- In the Complete review submission area, enter a comment in the comment area. The text box size is adjustable.
- Click Choose File to add a feedback document. Browse for a file and click Open.
- To remove the local copy of the feedback document, select the Remove the local copy… check box.
- If required, enter your FileHold password.
- Click Review .
- Alternatively, click Cancel to return to the previous screen.