Automatically Initiating a Workflow
Workflows can be started automatically based on a document type when they are added to the system or a new version of a document is checked in. Since the workflow is triggered automatically, you cannot use an ad-hoc workflow template. You will need to create a defined workflow template to use with this feature. A workflow cannot be automatically initiated when only metadata is edited.
When adding a document through Mobile FileHold that uses automatic workflow initiation, the workflow templates cannot have any part marked as “user-defined” or the document will not be added to the library.
To automatically initiate a workflow
- In the Web Client, in the Administration Panel > Library Configuration> Document Schemas and double-click on a schema name to edit. Click Edit.
- In FDA, go to Administration > Manage Schemas > Document Schemas > Schema Name > Workflow tab.
- In the Auto-Start Workflow area, select one of the following options:
- Do not start any workflow automatically – This option should be selected for ad-hoc workflow templates.
- Automatically start the following workflow when adding a new document of this type
- Automatically start the following workflow when adding or checking in a document of this type
- From the drop-down list, select the workflow template you want to use. Only the workflows associated with the schema are available in the list. Note that this cannot be an ad-hoc template.
- Click OK or Save to save the changes.