FDA and Web client preferences and settings
Preferences and settings allows you to modify the document management system to suit your personal needs. There are several types of user preferences that can be enabled or disabled depending on the user's requirements.
You can modify your password, document list views, document alerts, workflow (if purchased), and FastFind preferences (if purchased).
Some, none, or all of these settings may be determined and/or enforced by your System Administrator using centralized management options.
To set preferences
- Do one of the following:
- In FDA, go to File > Preferences and Settings.
- In Web Client, right-click on My FileHold to access View, Alert and User preferences. Right-click on Reviews & Approvals to access the Workflow preferences.
- In the Web Client, go to Administration Panel > My FileHold.
- Set the following preferences:
- View Preferences
- User Preferences
- Alert Preferences
- Workflow Preferences
- FastFind Preferences (FDA only)
- Reset My Password (Web Client only)
A locally managed user (non-Active Directory user) can change their password at any time. This section describes the process on how to change a password via the Web Client.
To change your password in the FileHold Desktop Application, go to the user preferences.
Note: If FileHold is synchronized with Active Directory, this option is not available. See your system administrator to change your password if using Active Directory.
To change your password using the Web Client
- In Web Client, right-click My FileHold and select Reset My Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Click Update. The new password will take effect next time that you log in.