The Copy or Move function in FileHold allows you to make a copy of a document and/or move it to another location in the library.
In order to move or copy documents, Document Publishers and Publishers need to have ownership of the document. To move all versions of a document, they must be the owners of all versions. Users who are Organizers or higher permissions can move documents owned by anyone. Restrictions on where a document can be moved to will apply.
Documents can be moved in the FileHold Desktop Application and the Web Client using the Copy or Move function.
In the FileHold Desktop Application, documents can also be moved using the drag and drop feature. You can drag and drop one or more documents at a time. The Document Name Column must be selected in order to drag the documents to a new folder location. Documents can be moved via drag and drop from the folder view, search results view, virtual folders, document tray, document alerts, document reminders, recently accessed and recently added views to another folder in the library tree. You cannot drag and drop documents to the Recent Folders locations.
Documents cannot be copied or moved if:
- They are under a workflow
- They are checked out
- The user does not have proper permissions
To copy or move a document
- Select one or many documents.
- Right-click and select Copy or Move.
- In the Copy/Move window, select one of the following options:
- Move files to a new location in the library
- Copy files to a new location in the library
- Click Next.
- Select the destination in the library for the documents or folder and click OK. The documents are moved and/or copied to the new location.
To move a document using drag and drop
In the FileHold Desktop Application, select the files be moved. Use the SHIFT or CTRL keys to select multiple documents. Ensure that the column "Document Name" is displayed in the view. You will need to drag and drop the documents from this column.
Drag and drop the documents to their destination folder in the Library tree. The documents are moved to the new folder location.