WARNING: This procedure completely removes all data, databases, the document management server and associated server-based components. Only perform this procedure if you wish to completely clean out a FileHold server installation!
This procedure can be useful for these scenarios:
- Failed installation attempt after not properly preparing the FileHold server and you wish to reinstall.
- Migrating / moving FileHold to a new server or virtual machine is now complete and you wish to remove FileHold from the original server/ virtual machine that is no longer in use.
- You should be logged in as a domain administrator or server administrator
- Disable Antivirus
1. Uninstall FileHold Application Server
Uninstall the server application by going to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program (or equivalent) and uninstall the FileHold server application.
2. Uninstall MS ADAM
TIP: Only needed if running FileHold 14.2 or lower version.
- Open up a command prompt (as an administrator) and navigate to C:\Windows\ADAM.
- Type: ADAMUNINSTALL /I:FHURM
- Click ENTER. Click Yes and follow the prompts to allow the removal of the FHURM instance to complete.
3. Remove the web application folder / web site
Windows Server 2003: Go to inetpub\wwwroot and remove the FH directory
Windows Server 2008/2012: Go to C:\Program Files and remove the FileHold Systems folder and sub folders
4. Detach and remove the FileHold Databases
- Go to SQL Management Studio, and locate the 4 (FileHold 14 or higher version) or 5 (FileHold 12 or lower) databases beginning with ch_ (or whatever prefix you gave the databases).
- Right-click on the database name and select Tasks > Detach and follow through with each activity.
- Repeat this for all ch_ databases (or whatever prefix you gave the databases).
- Go to the SQL Server data directory where these 5 database and log files are located, and remove all 5 databases and associated log files.
5. Edit SQL table for Installshield value
This step allows you to reinstall FileHold on the same server if needed.
TIP: This step is not required for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and 2016.
- In SQL Management Studio, open up System Databases > Master > Tables > dbo.InstallShield.
- Adjust ISSchema table from 9.00.0001 to 8.00.0001 (just change the 9 to 8).
- Close the table.
6. FileHold Data Folders
FileHoldData contains these folders typically or these folders may be located in individual locations. Delete the following folders: