Uninstall and removal of the FileHold server software
This procedure completely removes all data, databases, the document management server and associated server-based components. Only perform this procedure if you wish to completely clean out a FileHold server installation!
This procedure can be useful for these scenarios:
- Failed installation attempt after not properly preparing the FileHold server and you wish to reinstall.
- Migrating / moving FileHold to a new server or virtual machine is now complete and you wish to remove FileHold from the original server/ virtual machine that is no longer in use.
- You should be logged in as a domain administrator or server administrator
- Disable Antivirus
1. Uninstall FileHold application server
Uninstall the server application by going to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program (or equivalent) and uninstall the FileHold server application.
2. Uninstall MS ADAM
Only needed if running FileHold 14.2 or lower version.
- Open up a command prompt (as an administrator) and navigate to C:\Windows\ADAM.
- Type: ADAMUNINSTALL /I:FHURM
- Click ENTER. Click Yes and follow the prompts to allow the removal of the FHURM instance to complete.
3. Remove the web application folder / web site
Windows Server: Go to C:\Program Files and remove the FileHold Systems folder and sub folders
4. Detach and remove the FileHold databases
- Go to SQL Management Studio, and locate the 4 databases beginning with ch_ (or whatever prefix you gave the databases).
- Right-click on the database name and select Tasks > Detach and follow through with each activity.
- Repeat this for all ch_ databases (or whatever prefix you gave the databases).
- Go to the SQL Server data directory where these database and log files are located, and remove all databases and associated log files.
5. Edit SQL table for Installshield value
This step allows you to reinstall FileHold on the same server if needed.
This step is not required for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and higher versions.
- In SQL Management Studio, open up System Databases > Master > Tables > dbo.InstallShield.
- Adjust ISSchema table from 9.00.0001 to 8.00.0001 (just change the 9 to 8).
- Close the table.
6. FileHold data folders
FileHoldData contains these folders typically or these folders may be located in individual locations. Delete the following folders: