You can perform System Administration functions in both the FileHold Desktop Application (FDA) and the Web Client. The FDA has very limited System Administration functions whereas you can access all System Administration functions through the Web Client.
The System Administration features in FDA include:
You will need to log in through the Web Client in order to gain access to all other System Administrator functions. All of the administration functions in FDA are performed almost exactly as they are in the Web Client.
To login as System Administrator via the Web Client
- Open a Web Browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer are supported) and enter the path to the FileHold server. This may be set up as link on your desktop.
Enter your Login, Password, and select the domain (if required) and click Log In.
Click the Administration Panel link at the top of the screen. Once logged in, the different areas of the System Administration features will appear in the left panel.
If Solo Mode is enabled, then only one section of the Administration Panel will expand at a time. If Solo Mode is disabled, then all of the sections can be expanded and the Collapse All button is available.
NOTE: The System Administration and Library Administrator areas in the Administration Panel is only available to users designated as System Administrators. Non system administrators users will not see the system administration sections.
To login as System Administrator via the FDA
Log into FDA using a System Administrator username and password.
Go to Administration menu from the menu bar.
Select Web administration panel to go to the Administration Panel in the Web Client.
The following list describes the areas that are available to only system administrators in the Administration panel:
- System management > User Management > Users
- System management > User Management > Groups
- System management > License information
- Administration reports > User activity
- Administration reports > System audit log
- Administration reports > Insufficient sessions
- Administration reports > Effective permissions
- Administration reports > Search performance log
- Administration reports > Courier usage log
- System configuration > Settings > General
- System configuration > Settings > Search settings
- System configuration > Settings > Document viewers
- System management > Settings > Custom reports
- System configuration > Security > Logon
- System configuration > Security > Self registration
- System configuration > Document repository locations
- System configuration > Client Options > Advanced search preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Alert preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > FastFind preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > FDA preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Miscellaneous preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Workflow preferences
- Library configuration > Settings > Workflow