You can perform System Administration functions in both the FileHold Desktop Application (FDA) and the Web Client. The FDA has very limited System Administration functions whereas you can access all System Administration functions through the Web Client. You will need to log in through the Web Client in order to gain access to all other system administrator functions. All of the administration functions in FDA are performed almost exactly as they are in the Web Client.
TIP: If multi-factor authentication has been configured for the system, you will need to authenticate your login through Duo. See Multi-factor Authentication for details.
The following list describes the areas that are available to only system administrators in the Administration panel:
- System management > User Management > Users
- System management > User Management > Groups
- System management > License information
- Administration reports > User activity
- Administration reports > System audit log
- Administration reports > Insufficient sessions
- Administration reports > Effective permissions
- Administration reports > Search performance log
- Administration reports > Courier usage log
- System configuration > Settings > General
- System configuration > Settings > Search settings
- System configuration > Settings > Document viewers
- System management > Settings > Custom reports
- System configuration > Security > Logon
- System configuration > Security > Self registration
- System configuration > Document repository locations
- System configuration > Client Options > Advanced search preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Alert preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > FastFind preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > FDA preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Miscellaneous preferences
- System configuration > Client Options > Workflow preferences
- Library configuration > Settings > Workflow
Some frequently accessed system administration and library administration functionality can be found under the Administration menu for both the Web Client and FileHold Desktop Application (FDA). This provides quick easy access to specific administrative functionality without the need to leave or lose the information on the current library screen.
Web Client Administration menu
The full administration menu can be accessed:
- In the Web Client, click Administration and select Full administration menu.
- In the FDA, from the Administration menu, select Web Administration Panel.
All users have access to the Administration panel but depending upon the role used to log into the Web Client, only the functionality that the user is able to access is shown in the administration panel. As a system administrator, you have access to everything in the Administration panel.
In the Administration panel, a setting called Solo Mode can be enabled so only one section of the Administration panel will expand at a time. If Solo Mode is disabled, then all of the sections can be expanded and the Collapse All button is available.
To login as System Administrator via the Web Client
- Open a Web Browser (Firefox and Internet Explorer are supported) and enter the path to the FileHold server. This may be set up as link on your desktop.
Enter your Login, Password, and select the domain (if required) and click Log In.
Click the Administration > Full Administration menu at the top of the screen. Once logged in, the different areas of the System Administration features will appear in the left panel.
NOTE: The System Administration and Library Administrator areas in the Administration Panel is only available to users designated as System Administrators. Non system administrators users will not see the system administration sections.
To login as System Administrator via the FDA
Log into FDA using a System Administrator username and password.
Go to Administration menu from the menu bar.
Select Web administration panel to go to the Administration Panel in the Web Client.