The FileHold Desktop Application (FDA) Configuration function in the FHInstrumentation Tools allows users to create a file which contains the URL connection to the FileHold server. This tool is useful for mass deploying the FDA.
How to create the file in the Document Management System
- In the FHInstrumentation Tool, go to FDA Configuration.
- Click Start.
In the FDA Settings area, enter the URL for the FileHold server. For example,
- If you are using Microsoft Active Directory, select the Use integrated Windows Authentication check box. If you are not using Microsoft How tctive Directory integration, leave the check box clear.
- In the Destination area, click Browse and select the folder location where the defoptions.dat file will be saved after it is created.
- In the Additional settings area, select the "Never ignore certificate name mismatch" check box in order to to never ignore certificate name mismatch errors when creating FDA installation templates.
- Click Next.
- Click Create. The FDA Configuration Template process initiates.
- You will receive a "completed successfully" message. Click Finish.
- Locate the defoptions.dat file and rename the file to options.dat.
- Once the FileHold Desktop Application has been deployed silently, you can then silently deploy the copy of the options.dat file to the users' ..\AppData\Roaming\FileHold\FDA folder. For example, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\FileHold\FDA.
- When the user starts the FDA, the FileHold Connection Options will have the FileHold server address filled out.