In order to see the full name and middle initial of users in the logs, users page, group members, and metadata pane, a web config file needs to be modified and a tool run in FHIT. This feature is useful when you have users with same names.
To display a user’s middle initial
- Go to C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\UserRoleManager and open the web.config file.
- Under <appSettings>, locate the following key and change the value from 0 (off) to 1 (on).
<add key="UseMiddleInitialInFullName" value="0" />
- Save the web.config file.
- Open the FH Instumentation Tool (FHIT) and go to Actions > Users Management and select Update full names.
- Click Start.
- Enter the system administrator username and password and click Next.
- Click Update. The status should change to “Completed successfully”.
- Click Finish. The user’s initial will now appear in the logs, users page, group members, and metadata pane.