Library audit log
The Library audit log is accessible to Library Administrator or higher roles. Only entries related to where the Library Administrator is an owner of a cabinet is displayed in the log. The report logs the following information:
- Deleting document versions (soft delete, hard delete, and restoring a document from the soft delete phase).
- Adding, modifying, or deleting library objects such as cabinets, drawers, folder groups and folders.
- Adding, modifying, or deleting schemas.
- Adding, modifying, or deleting metadata fields.
- Removing metadata fields from schemas.
- Adding, removing, and modifying cabinet and folder memberships.
- Changing the owner of a cabinet, folder, or document version.
- Creating, modifying, deleting, and cloning a workflow template. A WorkflowDefinition.xml file is available for download which contains the details for each added or modified workflow template.
- Adding, modifying, or deleting auto-filing templates.
- Adding, modifying, or deleting Courier templates.
- Adding, modifying, or deleting Watermark templates.
- Adding, deleting, or modifying drop-down list values. Changes made to a drop-down list (database drop-down or FileHold-managed) appear as a hyperlink in the report description. Clicking on the link displays a list of the drop-down list changes including new lookup by, new retrieve from, action, old lookup by, old retrieve from, and affected documents.
- “OCR and compression” for documents that had both OCR and compression. It displays the amount of compression as a percentage for the file (Bytes saved/New version file size). The length of time is it took to process displayed in seconds.
- “Compress file” for documents that were only compressed (no OCR). It displays the amount of compression as a percentage for the file (Bytes saved/New version file size). The length of time is it took to process displayed in seconds.
- “OCR file” for files that have been OCR’d but there is no compression.
This report is accessible to Cabinet administrator or higher roles. Only entries related to where the Cabinet administrator or Library administrator is an owner are displayed in the log. This log is never deleted or overwritten.
The audit log can be filtered by user name, description, and to and from dates.
To run the library audit log
- In the Web Client, go to Administration Panel > Administration Reports > Library Audit Log.
- Use any of the following filters:
- Description contains – Enter a full or partial description such as "deleted folder" or "added"
- From date to date
- Click Apply Filter. The number of results and the report are shown below. The number of rows that are displayed in the report view can be adjusted to show 15, 30, or 60 rows at a time. Click on the column to sort in ascending or descending order.
- Click Export to CSV to export to a CSV file.
- To view the details of a workflow template, click Workflow definition to download the WorkfowDefinition.xml file. This file can be opened to see the settings of the workflow template.
- To view the details of drop-down lists (FileHold managed or database drop-down), click on the hyperlinked description. The drop-down changes are listed. Click Back to return to the report.