Developer and power user resources for FileHold
There are a number of automations and customizations that can be done to the document management software through developer and other power tools. For example, customers can develop their own auto-filing script to perform complex calculations and lookups in order to set the destination of documents and records automatically from the Inbox in the FileHold Desktop Application. Workflow email notifications can be modified to suit an organization's needs. If custom reports are required, then FileHold can be integrated with Microsoft Reporting Services. The free API kit can be used to make your own custom modules and front end solutions to integrate with the document management system. Etc.
Support for any customizations performed by customers through the developer tools is not included in FileCare subscriptions. The FileHold professional services team can provide an estimate for customers that need help developing or diagnosing issues in custom applications. Contact [email protected] for a quotation.
You may also wish to review solution design resources.
For more information on developer resources, select a link below.
- Integrating web scanning, web viewing, and adding documents with an application
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Services integration with Windows Authentication
- Web services API overview
- Creating your own auto-filing script
- Configuring the AutoFilingMembership.xml file
- Schema-based auto-filing script
- Web services security model
A couple of documents are also available on general topics describing aspects of the design of FileHold. Both can be requested from the FileCare team for those customers with active FileCare subscriptions.
- FileHold Limits - What are maximum values possible in various parts of the system.
- High level ER diagram - Key database relationships for users planning custom reporting.
FileHold's CTO maintains a blog with topics on customizing or automating FileHold.
Extending standard features
- Designing a FileHold library
- Power searching with dynamic fields and RAW mode
- Integrating FileHold in the Salesforce Accounts Page
- Schema lookup part 1 - Using document schema lookup for intelligent numbering
- Schema lookup part 2 – Interchangeable lookup keys
- Searching FileHold from the Chrome address bar
Working with plug-ins
- Workflow automation – part one
- Document plug-in part 1: automated metadata modification
- Document plug-in part 2: document validation
- Download a document with Powershell - Mar 2016
- Using Powershell to mass approve workflow tasks - Aug 2017
- Use Powershell to automate configuration tasks - Jun 2019
- Cloning document schemas using Powershell - Oct 2021
- Version pruning with Powershell and the FileHold API - Oct 2019
- Power tips: setting auto-delegate for other users using Powershell and the API - Apr 2022
- Calling the FileHold API with Python - Sep 2023
- Document archive dates for custom reporting
- Database column encryption for sensitive metadata field values – Part 1
- Database column encryption for sensitive metadata field values – Part 2
- Custom reporting using workflow data
- Emailed dashboards when you need quick summary
- Configuring different internal and external server names for FileHold
- Always available FileHold systems
- Making your documents available from home
- Should I use the FDA or the Web Client to add documents?