Document scanning and text capture software from FileHold empowers organizations to make the paperless office a reality. Included with the FileHold software purchase is intelligent Capture technology that can convert mountains of paper into a secure, manageable electronic archive. Electronic documents in FileHold are organized, searchable and usable from anywhere in the world, even on mobile devices.
Studies find that 35-50% of company information is not centrally indexed or searchable. Other surveys put this figure at as high as 80%". - IDC White Paper.
SmartSoft Capture - An "Out of the Box" Intelligent Data Capture Scanning Solution
Every new install of FileHold software ships with a license to SmartSoft "Capture" document scanning software. For an introduction and short video tour of Capture go to Capture video tour. This software is provided at no additional cost with the purchase of FileHold software and is configured to work only and directly with FileHold. Capture exceeds expectations at automating text capture and data extraction and will move captured text from documents and forms directly into FileHold metadata and associate that metadata directly with the document being scanned. For a summary of how to install and use Capture go to the Capture Quickstart Guide.
Capture data extraction software is easy to configure, use and maintain. A user can “point-and-click” on key data fields in a document or form for extraction and in many cases Capture will learn to do it automatically enhancing production level document processing. Capture is an intelligent document scanning solution to capture text fields and is especially useful in capturing variable data on repetitive forms such as invoices or surveys. The Capture software will work with nearly all document scanners that have a TWAIN interface.
FileHold software and Capture have been extensively tested and certified for use with inexpensive but powerful scanners such as the Fujitsu fi Series scanner.
Upgrade to SmartSoft Pro OCR for Forms Processing
SmartSoft Pro is an optional scanning solution that can be purchased from FileHold. Pro is for companies who processes large volumes of paper based forms, such as invoices and are looking for a way to automate the capture of text on that form including detail such as line items. There are multiple mechanisms for exporting the captured data to FileHold, to other database programs and even directly to accounting systems. The Pro version forms processing is affordable, reliable and easy to operate. SmartSoft Form Recognition technology uses the SmartOCR recognition engine combined with the flexibility of SmartTemplates dynamic templates technology to extract data fields from scanned and PDF forms. SmartSoft's advanced text recognition technology automates forms data capture reducing the costs and time needed to transform machine readable text into manageable data.
Additional features of SmartSoft Pro include:
- Dynamic form recognition technology: The software is able to recognize the correct layout of a scanned form. If the document is rotated, offset or zoomed when a sheet of paper is scanned, the software is still able to recognize the right template.
- Data Validation: SmartTemplates recognizes field data types such as date, currency etc. so that validation rules can be set up to increase accuracy. There is a custom dictionary feature where users can add specific terms and names which increases the processing reliability.
- Intelligent accuracy: For each extracted character the software calculates a confidence level to automatically assess accuracy. For documents that have poor quality such as a character that is damaged or blurred an operator intervention is automatically requested. Manual verification of data capture can be set up through convenient user interface, to further reduce the error rate.
- Input: Both SmartSoft Capture and Pro support direct scanner connection through any scanner, both TWAIN or WIA. The documents can also be processed when already in electronic form such as PDF or image format.
- Output: The extracted data can be saved in a variety of output formats like XML or stored in a database. With additional Professional Service fees from SmartSoft FileHold the output can be sent to popular accounting and ERP software packages such as QuickBooks (the software must be installed on a computer that has QB on it), SAP, MS Dynamics and SQL.
Third Party Document Scanning Software Support
Other 3rd party Document Scanning products are supported (but not certified) by a connector called the FileScan Bridge. In all cases some additional Consulting services from FileHold may be required.