FileHold Systems offers an annual technical support and product upgrade contract known as "FileCare". This agreement entitles the customer to an array of support and upgrade services to ensure maximum value from their document management software. This section describes the FileHold Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Software Support Methodology
Customers are supported in English using remote support services such as the telephone, e-mail and, with customer approval, by logging on to the customer's system using remote control software. Support is available from 12:00 am to 4:00 pm pacific time Monday to Friday and on weekends and evenings by prior arrangement.
The support process starts when a software user contacts their internal help desk, IT support department, or FileHold reseller. If the customer's internal support or reseller cannot help and determines the problem is related to the document management software they will register the issue on the FileCare support portal. The support portal is available to a customer’s technical support staff 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The support portal is monitored by FileHold technical staff over 16 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Technical support is generally provided during regular business hours, between 12:00 am and 4:00 pm pacific time.
Issue Severity Definitions
Following are the levels of issue severity:
- Level 1 - Global severity - All or most users affected by an outage of functionality.
- Level 2 - User severity - One or a small number of users affected by an outage of functionality.
- Level 3 - Non-critical Severity - A cosmetic issue, no significant effect on users or workaround available, or a product question.
FileHold Support Response Times
All support issues registered on the document management support portal receive an immediate confirming e-mail response that assigns a unique support case number and confirming the ticket has been registered. The registered ticket will be responded to, by a technical support team member, by no later than noon of the next business day. In the response it will be determined if the problem is related to the document management software or a 3rd party application and a Severity level will be established.
If the source of the problem is outside the control of FileHold the customer will be advised accordingly and best efforts will be made to notify the party / parties responsible and cooperate with them to resolve such problem.
If the problem is within the control of FileHold the following responses are made:
- Level 1 - Global severity: Technical e-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 4 hours of severity determination. Continuous best efforts will be made to resolve the problem or until service is restored or until an interim remedy is implemented. The resolution objective is 1 business day.
- Level 2 - User severity: The source e-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 8 hours of severity determination. Best efforts to resolve the problem will be made with a resolution objective of 3 business days.
- Level 3 - Non Critical severity: E-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 16 hours of severity determination. Communication of the request will be made clear to the customers but resolution may wait until a future product release. If it is a product enhancement / future feature request the customer will be referred to Suggest a Feature .
Support Escalation Policy
If a customer feels the support response times are not being met or the problem is not being addressed they may initiate direct contact with the head of customer services at email@example.com.
The FileCare document management support program is a powerful tool but to make it work best the customer must follow normal good IT practices in protecting their data. The following are customer responsibilities for maintaining FileCare.
- The FileHold server must meet and maintain the minimum system requirements*. Problems with customer equipment, networks, Windows and SQL server should be corrected before contacting FileHold for assistance where possible. If FileHold technicians find problems with customer equipment, networks, Windows or SQL server the customer is responsible to fix the problems before FileCare continues to support the application. IMPORTANT: The FileHold server must be dedicated to running FileHold.
- Report all problems to the support case reporting system or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- The timely transmittal and release to FileHold of appropriate and accurate documentation and information related to the issue. Run the document management software 'HealthChecker' and provide the health report*, event logs*, applicable client logs, screen shots, and steps to reproduce to FileHold when reporting an issue. For large files, FileHold provides a file transfer web site. Where needed, make available your experts in Windows, network, and SQL Server administration.
- Back up all data* on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including all 4 or 5 SQL Databases and SQL Log files, File Directory Storage Paths and other critical system files. More details are outlined in the Disaster Recovery and Backup Best Practices in the Document Management System
- Ensure routine maintenance is performed on the server hardware and software by appropriately skilled personnel*. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining appropriately configured malware tools, archiving and or truncating various system log files as appropriate, monitoring storage, RAM, and CPU capacity to ensure it continues to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure Microsoft and other service packs and updates are tested and applied to the server to maintain best practices operating conditions*.
- Provide appropriate training on FileHold to staff that will be using or maintaining FileHold and take advantage of the extensive knowledge base on our web site. FileHold professional services have a variety of training programs available to ensure new staff are properly trained and existing staff are trained on new product features.
*These items are not required for customers with a hosted solution through FileHold.
Other Features of the FileCare Software Support Program
Self Support Center: Is available to customers on FileCare 24 hours per day 7 days per week. It serves as a knowledge base of common support incidents that may help you quickly solve a problem or for our customers who want technical information that is not available in other places.
Software Upgrades: Customers on FileCare have access to any hot-fixes, service packs, dot releases or major releases of software that become available while under contract. If there are no changes to the existing server or operating system the technical support for upgrades is provided at no additional charge.
Reporting: FileCare maintains a status report of open and past support issues including; issue number, problem category, severity, status, problem description, and for issues added in the support portal we have user name and date received. A customer may ask for a review of their support incidences including our response at any time.
Addition of licenses: Customers on FileCare can add new users to the system at any time, (a minimum of 5 users) at no administration charge other than the cost of the license. The cost of the FileCare contract is pro-rated on new licensing to the master agreement anniversary date.
Custom solution coverage: FileHold developed reports, plug-ins, connectors, or other custom software is also covered by FileCare. In addition to unlimited break-fix support, this also includes changes needed to accommodate FileHold product upgrades, configuration changes, and upgrades in 3rd party interfaces. It does not include changes to the original custom solution requirements. The rate for custom solution FileCare is different from the standard product FileCare.
No charge disaster recovery assessment: FileHold will provide a free assessment of what activities will need to be completed to bring the FileHold software back to normal operation following a hardware failure or other IT disaster. FileHold technicians can assist with some of these activities for a professional services fee.
Optional annual system review: FileHold contacts all FileCare customers annually to make sure they are getting the best value out of their purchase and to perform a preventative maintenance check of their system.
FileCare Software Support Terms and Conditions
Term: The FileCare Agreement runs for 12 months (6 months for newly installed base FileHold Express systems) from the day the FileHold server software is installed and the license is issued. The contract start and end date will be clearly stated on the FileCare renewal invoice. Licenses added in the middle of a FileCare agreement term will have their FileCare fees prorated to the normal term renewal date.
Termination of support services: The FileCare contract may only be terminated by FileHold in advance of the contract expiry in which case FileHold will refund a prorated portion of the annual service contract. The customer may terminate by declining the annual contract renewal.
Active Directory Synchronization and other 3rd party components may not be covered by FileCare: Microsoft Active Directory is a 3rd party component and if a customer makes changes to user roles or schemas the synchronization can be thrown off. In order to repair this synchronization FileHold will have to re-run their synchronization tools, there may be extra charge for these services. Support for the supplied document scanning software, other 3rd party scanning products and customer developed interfaces to 3rd party applications are not be covered under FileCare and are not eligible for the Level 1 severity SLA.
Eligibility: In order to remain on FileCare customers must remain no more than one release behind the most current release of FileHold. All installed FileHold servers, optional modules, and custom solutions must be covered by FileCare. When servers, optional modules, or custom solutions are decommissioned FileCare can be correspondingly reduced at the next renewal. FileCare is not required on one-time-use migration or conversion software.
Server and Operating Systems Upgrades: FileCare does not cover the re-installation of FileHold as a result of customer server or operating system upgrades or catastrophic failure. There will be professional services fee for assistance with a re-installation.
Understandings that bind FileHold that are not expressly stated: Notwithstanding any other provisions our total and exclusive liability is no more than the unused portion for the annual FileCare contract. The program is provided on an as-is-basis, we do not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, error free, or completely secure. This includes effects resulting from actions or in-actions of 3rd parties including hosting partners.
If you have any questions or concerns about FileCare forward your comments to email@example.com. FileHold management will receive your message and respond.
Software Disaster Recovery
Catastrophic Hardware Failures or Third Party component failures are not covered by FileCare but customers who are on the FileCare program can get help.
There may be professional services fees for this assistance which will be quoted at the time and based on a preferential customer billing rate. In the event of failure which results in loss of the document management software server the typical disaster recovery steps are as follows:
- Customer registers and creates a support case detailing the extent of the disaster.
- Customer will need to verify that their systems are compatible with the document management system requirements.
- Remote Access to the customer systems via remote collaboration software must be available for the support team to access the system.
- Customer will supply the two most recent backups of their data.
- FileHold Systems will schedule a time to restore the live server using remote diagnostic tools.
- A staging or testing server may be set up to properly recover the system without changing the primary server that is having issues (hardware or otherwise).
- FileHold will test the server and confirm it is fully operational.
- FileHold will help the customer test that all systems are operating as specified.