Most organizations have an ever-increasing number of privacy regulations and directives to comply with. These include, but are not limited to, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Personal Information Security Specification, Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), etc. Penalties for violations could be fines, civil liability, loss of customer or public confidence, and more.
There is no silver bullet to compliance or safety when it comes to privacy. An organization must put in place policies, systems, and change culture as needed to minimize their risk. One of the first things that can be done is to put in place a centrally controlled secure library of documents such as FileHold.
With FileHold you can:
- Control your documents in a secure central location.
- Categorize your documents including whether or not they contain privacy sensitive information.
- Automatically minimize the documents you are managing according to retention rules you define.
- Conserve documents where the normal retention rules must be overridden for special legal or contractual reasons.
- Automatically keep an audit trail of updates, accesses, destruction, and other document actions.
Contact [email protected] to discuss how we can help you meet your requirements for privacy compliance.