Workflow notification preferences
You can set preferences to be notified via email when certain workflow events involving you occur and delegate your tasks to someone else if you are away from the office for a period of time.
Workflow tasks can be viewed in Reviews and Approvals > My Tasks list. See Viewing Workflow Tasks for more information.
Some, none or all of these settings may be determined and/or enforced by your System Administrator.
To set workflow preferences
- Do one of the following:
- In the FDA, go to File > Preferences and Settings > Workflow Preferences.
- In the Web Client, click on Reviews and Approvals arrow and select My Workflow Preferences.
- In the My Workflow Preferences window, select the check boxes for the events you want to be emailed for. Note: These options may be locked down by your System Administrator.
- A task is assigned or delegated to me.
- A task is assigned to me is overdue.
- A task assigned to me is overridden.
- A task assigned to me has been reserved by another participant.
- A task assigned to me is cancelled.
- A task assigned to me is restarted.
- A document associated with a task assigned to me is added or removed.
- A document associated with a task assigned to me is checked out or checked in.
- If tasks in workflow I am the initiator are overdue.
- Activity is completed for a workflow I initiated.
- Workflow is completed for a workflow I initiated.
- Workflow is restarted for a workflow I initiated.
- Document is added or removed from a workflow I initiated.
- Workflow initiator is delegated for a workflow I initiated.
- Workflow is completed for a workflow I am an observer of.
- Workflow is restarted for a workflow I am an observer of.
- Document is added or removed from a workflow I am an observer of.
- Activity is completed for a document that I own.
- In the Courier Notification Preferences area, select the check boxes for the events that you want email notifications for. These options may be locked down by your System Administrator
- A transmission I initiated is completed or cancelled.
- A transmission I initiated is overdue.
- In the email alert frequency, set how often you wish to receive email alerts. These options may be locked down by your System Administrator.
- Send email immediately – Sends the email as soon as the change is made.
- Send a daily summary – Sends the email once per day with a summary of all the alerts.
- Send a weekly summary – Sends the email once per week with a summary of all the alerts.
- To automatically delegate your tasks to someone else in the event that you will be unavailable due to a vacation, sabbatical, or illness, select the Automatically delegate tasks… check box and click Delegating Tasks to Another User. . Automatic delegation only applies to new task assignments. To delegate a prior workflow task or on a case per case basis, see
Task assignments in a restarted workflow are not considered new from the perspective of automatic delegation. After the workflow is restarted the tasks can be manually delegated. If the task participants are in a group, any changes to the group will take affect when the task is restarted. If an employee leaves a team, but is not immediately replaced, it may be best to leave them in the group until their replacement is added to the group. This will ensure any tasks restarted after their departure can be manually delegated to the new group member. The departed employee can be disabled to prevent their access to FileHold if needed.
- In the Find People window, enter a name or email address and click .
- In the Search Result select the user and click .
- Click .
Workflow notification emails
The workflow notification emails are sent to participants, observers, document owners, or initiators when enabled in the workflow preferences. The workflow emails contain information about the workflows and links to either the My Tasks or the Workflow Status Report areas. The types of links included in the emails are dependent upon the types of links that have been configured by a library administrator. See Email Attachment Settings for more information.