Documents can be printed in the FDA using the document viewers, from a document's native application, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and so on. You can also export search results and views such as folder lists to a CSV file and print it from Microsoft Excel.
Printing a Document from the Viewer
- Select the file that you wish to print.
- Right-click and select Send To > Printer.
- The Document Viewer will open and Print window opens.
- Click Print.
Printing a Document from an Office Application
- Open the document in its native Microsoft Office application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and so on.
- Type Ctrl + P or select File > Print.
- Click Print in the Print window.
Printing Documents from a CSV Spreadsheet
There are also times that it might be convenient for a user to print a list of files from a document view. For example if a user needed to do an inventory of offline Invoice documents, they could do a search of the system for all the offline invoice schema associated documents.
The list of results is shown in the results view with a page counter if there are multiple pages of results.
- Right-click on the header column in the view and select Export Grids to CSV.
- Save file to local machine.
- Open the CSV file in Microsoft Excel.
Note: The team here at FileHold encourage you to reduce paper consumption by working with electronic documents whenever possible. For example, instead of printing a document to edit, amend, append or add comments think about using the Brava document viewer, Word or another application or even Adobe to do these tasks.