You are able to access the FileHold software in many ways:
- Web Client via a web browser,
- FileHold Desktop Application (FDA),
- Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote,
- Mobile FileHold through your mobile device such as an iPhone or Android,
- The Courier client,
- A Microsoft Sharepoint Web Part.
Access to files can be gained through any of the methods by users with a valid FileHold account, access via a guest portal, or via a Courier transmission link.
Connections to the server, from any client, can happen over a LAN, WAN, an Intranet or the Internet. Only a browser is needed for using the web client, mobile FileHold, Courier, or via Sharepoint. The FDA and Office integration require a software installation on a Windows workstation.
The web client and the FDA interface are very similar. You can use either to access the document Library, but one or the other may be better or mandatory for certain operations. For example, the web client is faster to log in, but the FDA user interface is more responsive for certain things like entering search critera. See a list of differences between the Web Client and FDA.