FileHold viewers – Highlight search results
FileHold can display the search terms highlighted within searchable documents. Searches can be conducted from the FileHold library or using the Search pane directly in the FileHold viewer. Search results are highlighted in green.
In the Search pane, whole word and case-sensitive options are available. Searches can be done in current page only or in the entire document.
The Search feature is available in all viewers. If a user has a viewer level 2 or 3, annotations can be applied to the search results using the context toolbar in the Matches area. The annotation can be applied to the selected match or the entire document.
Highlighting results in the full text search results or viewer is dependent on the technology. Two different technologies are used, therefore, search results may very especially when trying to use wildcards, symbols, etc. Only text is passed to the viewer search function so if the search criteria is nonsense to the viewer, it search results will also be nonsense.
To highlight results in documents from library searches
- Execute a simple, advanced, or saved search.
- In the search results, right-click and select Open in FileHold viewer.
- The FileHold viewer opens with the search terms highlighted and the Search pane. Scroll through the search results using the Search pane in the viewer.
To search in the FileHold viewer
- In the FileHold viewer, select the Search icon .
- Enter the search term.
- Select any of the following options:
- Whole word – Disabled by default.
- Case sensitive – Disabled by default.
- Any word – Disabled by default.
- Current page – Searches through the current page only.
- Whole document – Searches through the whole document. This is the default setting.
- Click Search. The search terms are highlighted.
To apply annotations to search results
- In the FileHold viewer, with annotation mode enabled (click Edit ), search for a word or phrase.
- In the search results area, right-click on a match. The context toolbar appears.
- Select one of the options: redaction, highlight, strikeout, underline, erase, or comment.
- In the pop-up window, select one of the following options and click OK:
- Apply to the current selected text only
- Apply to all search results
- Save as a markup layer or publish as a new version.