If a user is experiencing problems with the FileHold Desktop Application, they can export the Error, Trace, and Manage Imports logs. These logs can be used to when entering a support case in the Support Portal or emailing the FileHold support team. The logs that can be exported are:
- Document Trace — list of any .NET framework errors.
- General Errors — list of FDA errors.
- Manage Imports — list of documents that were not imported using the Manage Import tool
- Office client errors — FileHold Office Client (FOC) used for Microsoft Office integration
To export the Trace and Error log
- In FDA go to Tools > Export Logs.
- Select one or more log files: General Errors, Document Trace, Manage Imports or Office client errors.
- Select one of the following options
- Attach to Outlook email — attaches all the logs files to an email using your default email client.
- Save to Disk — saves the file to your local computer. Click Browse to select an export location.