QuickScan Pro - End of Life
The manufacturer of QSP has announced the product has been brought to end of life and effective Jan. 30, 2017 QSP will no longer be supported by them. QSP users may not be effected as long as they do not upgrade the operating system QSP is installed on. FileHold will continue to make best efforts to support QSP but without manufacturer support it may not be possible to resolve all situations. To learn what FileHold is offering as an option to QSP please contact [email protected]
QSP Document Scanning Best Practices
The following are best practices to have a smoother EMC QuickScan Pro (QSP) installation. On this page is a link to download a comprehensive tutorial in PDF format. It is recommend to follow the tutorial first, then read through this page in detail.
- Do not save files to your desktop or import files from your desktop using FileHold Watched Folders or Imports. Make a scanning folder on your C: drive, such as C:\scanning\ and then add folders for each batch type. Use a standardized folder structure to make it standardized and easier for troubleshooting. For example:
- C:\scanning\invoices-AP\OCR-PDF-and-XML - Put your XML file and OCR'd PDF here. FILEHOLD SHOULD IMPORT FROM THIS FOLDER.
- C:\scanning\invoices-AP\Working - Place QSP batch files, etc. here.
- C:\scanning\invoices-AP\Non-OCR-PDF - Regular image only PDFs go here. Also, place Export XML here if doing image only PDF files.
XML files must be in the same directory as the PDF file(s) being imported from QuickScan Pro, Kofax Capture and Express, ABBY or Kodak Capture Pro Scanning Software Products!
- C:\scanning\invoices-AR\OCR-PDF-and-XML - Put your XML file and OCR'd PDF here. FILEHOLD SHOULD IMPORT FROM THIS FOLDER.
- C:\scanning\invoices-AR\Working - Place QSP batch files, etc. here.
- C:\scanning\invoices-AR\Non-OCR-PDF - Regular image only PDFs go here.
Adjust your QSP profiles according to this folder structure.
- Read this help article about QSP Scanning Profiles carefully.
- You need to select ONE of the folling options in the Export section of the batch. Do not do both of these at the same time; use one or the other:
- If you are OCR'ing and select OCR results, then this will add the path for each document in the batch to the XML file. Make sure you select the PDF file format image and Hidden Text in the OCR tab section of the profile. Be sure to set the path to the Working folder.
- If you are not OCR'ing the PDFs, use the Page:File Name value in the Export > Fields section. This places the image only PDF in the XML file.
- Follow the comprehensive tutorial on setting up QSP.
- Make sure you are uisng a schema to name the files in the Image Format and Naming tab. In the OCR tab, use the same schema to name those files. See the screen shot below for recommended settings in the schema.
- Use Job Separation settings. You can use Patch Codes to split the documents. Patch Codes are useful when using a Multi-Function Centre (MFC) or network digital copier and want to scan batches and split them into individual files.
- Never set up a demo to work off the desktop of your computer. The desktop is a place where antivirus software and Microsoft Windows security is very stringent, and it can interfere with the normal operation of scanning, regardless of what scanning or imaging software you are using.
- Please refer to the Anti-virus settings / best practices for more information on how to optimize around heavy file activity that typically is part of importing or exporting documents/files from a system..