QuickScan Pro End of Life
EMC Captiva, the manufacturer of QuickScan Pro (QSP) has announced the product has been brought to end of life and effective January 30, 2017. QSP will no longer be supported by them. QSP users may not be effected as long as they do not upgrade the operating system QSP is installed on. FileHold will continue to make best efforts to support QSP but without manufacturer support it may not be possible to resolve all situations. To learn what FileHold is offering as an option to QSP please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Installing QuickScan Pro Document Scanning Software
This section describes the process of installing EMC Captiva QuickScan Pro which comes with the purchase of FileHold software. QuickScan Pro (QSP) is the leading desktop imaging solution for high-speed scanning, image enhancement, OCR, viewing, redaction, annotation, printing, and storing images for both black and white and colour images.
All organizations installing QSP can use the same download link. This provides a free 30-launch trial. In order to get the full version, you will need to request the license key from email@example.com. QSP is to be installed on the workstation that is connected to a scanner. This version can be installed on Microsoft Windows 7. Windows 10 is not officially tested nor supported by EMC.
To see if your current scanner is compatible with QuickScan Pro, check the EMC Captiva website. EMC Captiva ISIS (Image and Scanner Interface Specification) Drivers use an industry-standard interface that works with over 400 scanners and many imaging applications. ISIS Drivers ensure that scanners run at their rated speeds and take full advantage of the power inherent in the hardware.
If you plan on direct integration between Scanner and QuickScan Pro, you must install the ISIS drivers from the manufacturer CD/DVD that comes with your document scanning device - you must do this before installing QuickScan Pro. You can also generate TIFF images with a Multi-function center scanner / digital copier, and then process these TIFF's into PDF's using the Import Driver function found in QuickScan Pro.
To purchase additional QSP Licenses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To install QSP document scanning software
- Download and save the evaluation copy of EMC Captiva QuickScan Pro.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file to a folder on the scanning station.
- After unzipped, run the Setup.exe file to install the software.
- In the QuickScan window, click Install QuickScan.
- The InstallShield Wizard for QSP opens. Click Next.
- Enter your name, organization, the serial number and click Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the Complete setup type and click Next.
- Click Install to start the installation.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete.
- Start QSP from Microsoft Windows Start > Programs > EMC Captiva > QuickScan.
Installing the Barcode Font for Document Scanning
If you plan on using cover sheets with barcodes to separate your documents during scanning, you will need to create them using a barcode font. As the scanner reads a barcode, it will separate the batch into separate documents. You can install the 3 of 9 barcode font and use it to create cover sheets for your scanned documents.
To install the barcode font
- Download the 3 of 9 barcode font.
- Unzip the file and install the font to your Fonts folder. Check your operating system's documentation for more information on how to install a font.
Setting Up QuickScan Pro Scanning software
Once you have QSP and the barcode font installed, you can configure the QSP options.
To set up QSP
- You can set up QSP Options after launching the application for the first time or by going to Tools > Options.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Thumbnail size field, select Large (64 x 88).
- Select the check box for Use Advanced barcode detection dialog.
- Select the File Type Associations tab.
- Select the QSB check box. All other check boxes should be clear.
- Click OK.
Follow the guide to Setting up the QuickScan Pro (QSP) Image Import Driver to continue to setting up QSP.