In order to start scanning, you will need to:
- Install the correct TWAIN driver for the scanner
- Install the TWAIN Web browser connector
- Connect WebCap to the scanner
Note: Before you make a final scanner selection to use with WebCap you should test WebCap, the scanning workstation, the TWAIN driver, and the scanner together. WebCap supports the TWAIN 2.3 standards, but this is not true for all scanner vendors, on all operating systems, and with all of their models.
Note: Only HTTP protocol can be used with WebCap. WebCap does not work with SSL connections.
Installing the Scanner Twain Driver for WebCap
WebCap works with scanners that support the TWAIN driver interface. Using the software that came with your scanner, install the TWAIN driver. If your scanner did not come with TWAIN software for your scanner, contact the scanner manufacturer for support.
Installing the TWAIN Web Connector
When starting the Web Client and going to the Scanner Inbox for the first time, you will be prompted to install a TWAIN Web connector. Depending on the browser you are using you may receive various messages and pop-ups to install the plug-in.
For example, in Google Chrome, you may see a following message to install “TWAIN Web Connector not found”. You will need to download and install the connector from the link provided in the message.
For more information on installing plug-ins for your browser, see your browser’s help guide.
To install the plug-in
- Log into FileHold and go to the Scanner Inbox.
- Click the download link in the browser message to download and install the connector. Follow all prompts to install the Web Scanning connector.
- Refresh the browser by clicking F5. The connector will load. You are now ready to start scanning.
Connect WebCap to the Scanner
WebCap allows you to scan from a web browser into the document management repository or the local computer. Prior to scanning, you will need the TWAIN driver for the scanner and the TWAIN Web connector for the browser installed. You will also need to connect WebCap to the scanner and configure the scanner settings. The scanner settings is dependent upon the type of scanner being used.
You will need to select the scanner you want to use for scanning.
To select the scanner
- In the Scanner Inbox, click Select a Scanner .
- Select the scanner from the drop-down list and click Close.