Adding a custom logo to FileHold
The main logo and background colour of the header can be replaced in the Web Client version of the document management software. The default logo is the FileHold logo. The default colour theme is blue and white so keep this in mind when you create your logo.
Starting with FileHold 17.0, this information is no longer applicable to the log on page. You now customize that page through the administration screens.
The logo is located in the top left corner of the Web Client. You can log into the Web Client through a web browser. The address for the Web Client is typically:
You should be a skilled IT administrator in order to use the information in this knowledge article. Modifying the logo on the server is not covered by FileCare. FileHold professional services are available for any customer that would like changes made to their logo.
When you upgrade FileHold from one version to another you should apply any customizations to the newly upgraded version when the upgrade is complete otherwise the default will be used.
Before you begin the customization
- Make a backup copy of the Web Client folder: C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\WebClient\ in the event that you need to revert to the original version.
Customizing the web client header
To change the logo
- Go to C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\WebClient\Images and locate the logo.gif file.
- Create a copy of the logo.gif file and rename if needed.
- Create your new logo with an image editing tool. The dimensions of the new logo should be 180 pixels wide x 70 pixels high.
- Save the new logo as logo.gif. Using transparency and dithering are usually good options to include when saving your logo.
- Copy the new logo.gif file into the C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\WebClient\Imagesfolder.
- Refresh the browser to view the new logo.
To change the background colour of the header
- Go to C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\WebClient\Images and locate the header_back.gif file.
- Create a copy of the header_back.gif file and rename if needed.
- Create the new background colour with an image editing tool. The dimensions of the background colour is 6 pixels wide x 70 pixels high.
- Save the background colour as header_back.gif.
- Copy the new header_back.gif file into the C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\WebClient\Images folder.
- Refresh the browser to view the new background colour.