Tailoring the Courier portal
The Courier portal can be tailored to to match the overall look and feel of an organization.
The file to be modified is called courierclient.config which is located on the FileHold server in C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\Courier.
This file can should be modified using an XML editor. A text editor, such as Notepad can also be used. See the image below that shows where the configuration options are in the Courier Portal screen. For color changes, use Hex colour.
These steps should be performed by a qualified Windows administrator. FileHold professional services is able to assist with these changes. Contact [email protected] for more information.
It is recommended that a back up copy is created before modifying the original file. If Courier or FileHold fails to start after making changes, restore the backup and correct your changes before trying again.
The following options can be modified:
- clientName – The name of client. The default is “FileHold Courier”.
- clientLogo – The location and filename for logo of the client in the format of "Content/<filename>". The image file must go into the following folder: C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\Courier\Content. A png file with the approximate dimensions of 300 x 50 is recommended. The default image in this folder is "Content/logo.png".
- clientIcon – The filename for the icon that is shown in the browser tab in the format of "Content/<filename>". The image file must go into the following folder: C:\Program Files\FileHold Systems\Application Server\Courier\Content. A png file with the approximate dimensions of 32 x 32 is recommended. The default image is "Content/favicon.png".
- clientHeaderColor – The color in menu and in the table header. The default is #006699.
- clientHeaderTextColor – The text color in header. The default is #ffffff.
- clientTableRowColor – The table row color. The default: is #CCE0EB.
- clientTableOddRowColor – The table odd row color. The default is #DDE6EB.
- isDocumentListAvailable – Options are true or false. If false, the “Documents” menu item does not appear in the “My account” menu. The Documents menu item allows a user to see a list of all the current documents that have been sent to the recipient for view or approval. The default is set to true.
- links – Custom list of links that can be added to the bottom of the screen. These links could be linked to other websites or help pages. There are no links by default. Code to add link, use the following code as a sample:
<add name="item1" url="http://example.com" />
The following example are the code changes made to the courierclient.config file and the resulting Courier portal customization.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add name="Lorum Ipsum" url="http://lorumipsum.com" />
<add name="Lorum Ipsum 2" url="http://lorumipsum2.com" />