Each new release of FileHold document management software brings new features and product improvements. The following is a summary of the new or improved features that were added in FileHold 15 that support the implementation of the paperless office. For a more detailed description of the features, read the release guide. For a demonstration of our new features, sign up for a free webinar.
New - FileHold Courier
FileHold Courier is here! Need to send documents customers, partners, contractors, or associates securely? FileHold Courier allows you to transmit documents for viewing or approving to people inside or outside the FileHold system. Courier is a “proof of delivery” system where unlike email it is a secure method of sending documents. With email there is no way to know if the documents ever arrived or if the attachment could be opened by the recipient. With Courier, recipients are notified by email containing a secure link which is then fully tracked and logged in FileHold.
New - System Administration Dashboard
The system administration dashboard provides metrics about the operation and usage of the system. The dashboard is viewable by the system administrator or all users if configured. The elements or tiles in the dashboard displays a consolidated view of the following information: system license, repository, full text search, user sessions, library statistics, and Courier licenses.
Enhanced - Automatic Document Importation
A few new enhancements have been added to the ADI feature:
- Auto-filing scripts can be used when the indirect import method is used.
- Errors can be reprocessed easily.
- Documents to be added to the repository can be accessed from an FTP site.
- Convert to an electronic record after import.
Enhanced - Searching
A few new enhancements have been added to the search feature:
- Search performance log — The search performance log is a way to record the searches that are being run in the system. Since FileHold does not restrict how users conduct their searches, this log can help the FileHold support team and customers pinpoint any search issues that can occur from time to time.
- “Contains” or “Does not Contain” Type Searches — A new search type for “contains”- type searches can be restricted to searching only the metadata (database search). This aids in narrowing down search results especially in very large library situations. The full text index search can still be used in "contains"-type searches.
- Limiting full text indexing to specific file formats — The full text search index can now be limited to only index certain file types in the system. This will ignore all other file extensions from being indexed. This can prevent from having a potentially very large full text search index that does not contain much search value.
Enhanced - Click-to-Tag
Click to Tag is a method of quickly assigning metadata to a document being added to the repository using the FileHold Desktop Application. It allows you to “click” or “rubber band” text, numbers, dates, etc. on the screen and inserts the value into the metadata field of the schema (“tagging”). The Click-to-Tag feature has been enhanced in this release so the feature is now out of beta.
New - View Only Users
Groups with a role of read-only or guest can have the document download and print functions restricted. If these functions are restricted then the only way to view a document is through the use of a FileHold viewer. Printing functionality through the viewer is also disabled.
Enhanced - Resetting User Passwords
User passwords can now be reset in several ways. Individual users can now reset their own password or request their usernames from the log in screen. System administrators can also change passwords en masse from the Users list. Users changing their passwords receive an email containing a secure, time-sensitive link.
New - Clearing Metadata Field Values at Check-In
Metadata field values can now be cleared on an individual basis in a particular schema. This feature is useful when metadata fields such as “Comments” or “Status” needs to be changed for each version.
Enhanced - Database Drop-downs
When configuring a database drop-down metadata field, a Prevent Deletion check box is now available so that existing values in metadata fields are never removed even when deleted from the source database when enabled.
Enhanced - License Requests
System administrators now have a simpler way to request a new license in the event that one is required by clicking “Request a license” from the License information page.
Enhanced - Workflow Passwords
There is now the option to allow workflow template designers to decide if they would like to force end users to enter their password when completing a review or not force them to enter their password when completing an approval.
Enhanced - Mass Workflow Delegations
Workflow tasks can be easily filtered and selected en masse for delegations to help manage employee changes and vacations. A similar feature has been added to allow administrators to delegate workflow initiators.
There are a number of other smaller new features and enhancements which can be found in the release guides. To learn more about any of the new features, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.