FileHold has several different ways to get files into the document management system:
- Adding files to the Inbox.
- Adding files directly to the folder.
- Adding the entire contents of a local or network folder.
- Adding Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) using the Add-ins.
- Dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer.
- Dragging and dropping from Microsoft Outlook.
- Watched Folders.
- Manage Imports.
... and the list goes on.
We are adding one more method to get files into the document management system: Using a "Send To" shortcut in Windows Explorer in conjunction with a Watched Folder.
When you right click on a file in Windows Explorer one of the options on the pull down menu is Send to. Some of the typical destinations are the Desktop or your Documents folder, but it is fairly easy to add a FileHold option. Once you have this option enabled, the document can be sent to a Watched Folder and then brought directly into the document management software.
We hope that you enjoy this as much as we do. Here are instructions on how to create a "Send To" shortcut in Windows Explorer in conjunction with a Watched Folder. Happy filing!