In FileHold Document Management's overview of system security there are all the standard users. It is also possible to use a guest user account to solve very specific types of business problems.
The functionality available to Guest users are the same as the Read-Only users but more limited. Below are the functionality which Guest users can or cannot perform:
- No ability to add a document as they are a type of read only user - they can only get copies of documents that other people add.
- Can view the Metadata & File Properties of a document in the cabinet / folder where the user has access.
- Can view a document's History of Changes (Edits to Metadata & Usage of File).
- Can perform searches but cannot create smart folders and saved searches.
- Can 'Get a Copy' but cannot check-out document(s).
- Can 'Email' FileHold documents.
- Cannot edit the Metadata of a document.
- Cannot create links between documents but can view the linked documents made by other users.
- Cannot move or copy document(s) to another library location.
- Cannot delete document(s).
- Cannot add documents to Document Tray.
- Cannot create or add Virtual folder.
- Can view the Properties of the Library objects in read-only mode.
- No access to My FileHold and its sub nodes including My Favorites, Checked Out Documents, Document Alerts, Document Reminders, Recently Accessed and Recently Added.
- No access to View Preferences including My Alert Preferences and My User Preferences.
- Cannot be a participant or an observer of a Workflow activity.
- Does not have access to Reviews & Approvals and its subnodes including My Workflow Tasks and Status Report generated by the FileHold Workflow engine.
- Can be assigned a Brava Viewer License.